Mental Health Sermons
Sermons by Rev. Barbara Meyers
- Mental Health Solutions (January 10, 2016).
- Mental American Psychosis (October 4, 2015).
- AIM to be Inclusive (July 26, 2014).
- Paying Attention to ADHD and An ADHD Story, Homily by Mary Ann Davis (April 6, 2014).
- Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic (February 23, 2014).
- Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy (July 28, 2013).
- On the Spectrum (April 7, 2013).
Read Monica Arce's homily Patterns about a mother's story of autism given at the same service.
- Mysticism (August 21, 2011)
- Mental Illness and Oppression (May 29, 2011)
- Double Trouble (May 23, 2010)
- Religious Impasse (August 13, 2006)
- Stages of Recovery (July 16, 2006)
- Living with Depression as guest minister at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Santa Cruz County (February 26, 2006)
- The Care of Difficult People (February 5, 2006)
- Wounded Healers (October 9, 2005)
- How do People Heal? (July 11, 2004)
- Caring Congregations (June 1, 2003)
- Jungian Transference in Real Life (August 27, 2002)
Sermons by Others
- Dorothea Dix, Nurturing Reformer, a sermon by Rev. Tess Baumberger, First Parish Cambridge, Massachusetts (April 3, 2016)
- Life Interrupted, a sermon by Rev. Wendy Williams, senior minister, Jefferson Unitarain Church, Golden Colorado (April 1, 2012)
- Under Pressure, a sermon by Rev. Jeremy Nickel, Mission Peak Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Fremont, California (January 22, 2012)
- They Walk Among Us, a sermon by Rev. Rev. Tracy Sprowls-Jenks, First Unitarian Society of Plainfield, New Jersey on February 12, 2012
- Don't Call the Casserole Committee, a sermon by Janet Holden, Unity Temple, Oak Park, Illinois (July 10, 2011)
- Soul Dancing with Mental Illness, a sermon by Rev. Linda Goonewardene, Skylands UU Fellowship, Hackettstown, New Jersey. (May 2011)
- Dealing with Depression, a sermon by Rev. Steven Atkinson, North Shore Unitarian Church, West Vancouver, BC (December 12, 2010)
- A Journey of Recovery, a sermon by Bill Norton, Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Church, Shoreline, WA (August 29, 2010)
- Let's Make the Connections, a sermon by Sharon Gresk, Unitarian Universalist Society: East in Manchester, CT (August 2010)
- Revealing Spiritual Wiscom of People with Mental Illnesses, a sermon by Rev. Laura Mancuso,
published in the online Journal of the Chaplaincy Institute fo Arts and Interfaith Ministries, Berkeley, California,(March and August 2010.)
- Falling Feels Like Flying ... For a Little While, a sermon by Rev. Robert Moore and Jaime Moore, Pathways Church (30 May 2010).
- It's Not a Casserole Illness, a sermon by Rev. Dottie Mathews, Assistent Minister, Fox Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Appleton, WI (January 9-10, 2010)
- Religion and Mental Health, a sermon by Rev. Ann Schranz of Monte Vista Unitarian Universalist Congregation. (March 2, 2008)
- Dealing with Depression, a sermon by Rev. Dottie Mathews, Associate Minister, Fox Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Appleton, WI (September 29-30, 2007)
- Living on the Fringe, a sermon by Rev. Julie-Ann Silberman-Bunn of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Greater Bridgeport (January 28, 2007)
- Soul Survivor: Mental Health and Social Wellness Sermon, a sermon by Rev. Hilary Landau Krivchenia of Lafayette, Indiana. (April 3, 2005)
- Dorothea L. Dix, a sermon by Rev. Julie-Ann Silberman-Bunn of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Greater Bridgeport (December 5, 2004)
- Darkness Visible: A Theology of Depression , a sermon by Benjamin Papa of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville, Tennessee. (April 25, 2004)
- Stigma of Mental Illness , a sermon by Rev. Samuel A. Trumbore of the First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany, New York. (May 5, 2002)
- How Depressing!, a sermon by Rev. Peter Morales, senior minister, Jefferson Unitarain Church, Golden Colorado, and later became President of the UUA (February 3, 2002)
- Attacking the Stigma of Mental Illness, a sermon by Reverend Charles J. Stephens of the Unitarian Universalist Church at Washington Crossing in Titusville, New Jersey. (April 28, 2002)
- Dancing on the Ceiling, Crashing to the Floor, a sermon by Rev. Robin Landerman Zucker, UU Church of Reading (November 12, 2000)
- Shall the Federal Court Run Hawai'i's Adult Mental Health Programs?, a Sermon by Rev. Mike Young of First Unitarian Church of Honolulu. (February 27, 2000). Click on "Church Service/Sermons", and then search for the sermon.
- If No one Had Told Them, a sermon by Rev. Allison Barrett, First Unitarian Church of Hamilton, Ontario(c. 2000)
- Creativity, Madness, and The Holy, a sermon by Stephen D. Edington of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashua, New Hampshire. (October 24, 1999)